We’re happy to announce that our latest version of the Mifos X Android Field Officer App is now available on the Google Play store. This release is a culmination of the efforts of many volunteers and interns over the past year and a half but couldn’t have been possible without the leadership and dedication of Rajan Maurya. He poured his heart into refactoring the codebase and implementing offline functionality during Google Summer of Code and has continued that dedication since then. Through all hours of the night, he’s been continuing to add new features and fix bugs to get this release out to the community.
Work has not stopped as we have a ton of ongoing functionality to add that we’re targeting as a 2017 GSOC Project for Android Field Officer App Version 4.0
Read on for a deep dive on each of the new features but here’s a small snapshot of all the new functionality in Version 3.0:
- Implementation of Material Design (Thanks to Olya Fomenko!)
- Refactoring into MVP architecture for improved performance
- Create center new groups & centers
- Improved navigation & advanced search
- Open, approve, and disburse new loan & savings accounts
- Attach documents to loan & savings accounts.
- Offline Data Collection & Synchronization
- Synchronize clients and groups for offline data entry
- Enter repayments, deposits, and withdrawals while offline
- Create new clients, loans & savings accounts while offline
- GIS Features
- Pinpoint client GPS location
- Track route of field officer
Thanks to the Contributors
Thank you to all of the following contributors who made this release possible: Rajan Maurya, Ishan Khanna, Olya Fomenko, Mayank Jindal, Tarun Mudgal, Ahmed Fathy, Nelly Kiboi, Illia Andrieiev, Padmal, Vishwajeet Srivastava, Nasim Banu, Chhavi Gupta, İhsan Işık, Vatsal Bajpai, Alex Chege, Justin Du, Prempal Singh, Rowland Oti, Siddhant Kumar Patel, Suhaib Khan, Chashmeet Singh, Ashutosh Dadhich, Aashir Shukla, R Harikrishnan, and Vishwesh Jainkuniya.